Heavy Duty Blowing Seals
From hygienic to extra heavy duty
Where the valve feeds directly into a conveying line, the BSM range has been designed to optimise product conveying using computational fluid dynamics techniques.
You want to know more about our products and services?
Blowing Seals BSM
The BSM is our general purpose blowing seal line, able to cover many standard applications.
Together with our HDM rotary valve line, the BSM products have been designed using finite element analysis to make the housing even more robust.
A new casting pouring method has been used to improve external finish and casting integrity.
Blowing Seal - Claneable BSMC
The BSMC Blowing Seal is a cost effective solution based on the BSM valves for occasional cleaning of the valve internal.
The non-drive end cover allows for quick removal to gain access for cleaning which can be carried out by plant operators without the need for special tools.
Various standards of finish are available to suit most hygienic applications.
Blowing Seal - Extra Heavy Duty EBS/EBSM
The EBS/EBSM is a high performance blowing seal valve for abrasive products and high pressure with full ATEX approvals.
These units have been well-proven over many years and are widely used in discharging under adverse pressure conditions, for materials such as cement, PFA, granite dust, silica sand, mineral powders etc.
Blowing Seal Valve for Vehicles BSV
The RotaVal BSV Blowing Seal is a lightweight but robust unit that has been purpose-designed for mounting on bulk vehicles. It is suited to discharging a wide range of bulk powders and granular solids into a pneumatic conveying line.
The valve is driven by a direct coupled in-line variable speed hydraulic motor powered by the vehicle's hydraulic system.
Although the BSV Blowing Seal is designed primarily for mounting on bulk vehicles it is also used in fixed installations, normally driven by an electric motor.
Your advantages (depending on version)
- Highly configurable to suit virtually all applications
- Once extracted from the housing, the rotor can be rotated for cleaning whilst still attached to the end cover
- Tapered bore and guide rails provide scratch free rotor extraction and insertion
- Parallel rail design with a support tray to rest motor on in hard to access places
- Valve housings are individually pressure test for 10bar(g) explosion and flame containment requirements
- Unique replaceable parts for wear including rotor shaft, line, blades, end discs and sleeves
Applications & industries
Thanks to its highly modular design, our blowing seals can be adapted for virtually all types of product characteristics and applications:
- Metering device
- Airlock, explosion containment, flame barrier and system isolation
- Suitable for gravity, positive pressure and vacuum conveying systems
- Powders, granules, pellets, grain, feed and chips
These blowing seals are used in many different industries, such as dairy, food, pharmaceutical, minerals, power plants, plastics and others.